Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thai style fish marinade

This marinade is good for any light fish type. I used salmon, but talipia would be lovely too. If you don't like things that are too spicy, leave out or reduce the hot pepper flakes. I got my dried shallots, keffir leaves and fried garlic at my local Asian grocery. Nama shoyu is usually found in health food stores. I included online links for you in case you can't find something.

  • 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
  • 2 keffir lime leaves
  • 1 TBS dried shallots
  • 1/2 tsp fried garlic
  • 1 inch grated fresh ginger
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 3 inches fresh lemongrass - cut into 1 inch pieces and twisted to release flavor
  • 2 TBS nama shoyu
  • 2 TBS sesame oil
  • 2 TBS agave syrup
  • 4 TBS coconut milk
I marinated my salmon for about an hour and then popped it into a 375 F. oven for 35 minutes. If your salmon steaks are very thick you might need a few more minutes to bake them through. It came out fragrant and beautiful to behold. Yes, I'm a carnivore.

I served this up fragrant salmon with the Szechuan snow peas slaw from the Sunny Raw Kitchen.

Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. wow that looks really tasty! Good luck with your sojourn

    ReplyDelete