Thursday, August 27, 2009

Recipe: Vegetable Broth

This is the double recipe for vegetable broth given by Blessed Herbs. It's very simple to make and quite delicious.


Ingredients:
  • 4 quarts of distilled water
  • 2 potatoes, scrubbed and diced
  • 6 carrots, scrubbed and sliced
  • 6 stalks of celery, scrubbed and sliced
  • 2 onions, peeled and sliced

Bring the water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add the cut veggies to the water and turn the heat down so that the pot will simmer. Cover pot completely. Simmer for 40 minutes. Strain out all the veggies. Done.


You can add 4 TBS of Miso after you strain out the veggies if you like the taste of it. I do like the taste and think it adds a nice nutty flavor to this simple soup broth. I also added a couple drops of hot sesame oil to my bowl to give it a little bite, but it's not necessary. I just like the hot stuff...

If you want to make less, just cut the recipe in half. I ate up the single recipe in my first day, so I doubled it the next time. I don't really want to make it every day of my 5 day fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment